Sarojini Naidu was born on February 13, 1879, in Hyderabad city of India. His father Aghornath Chattopadhyay was a renowned scholar and his mother was a poet and used to write in Bengali. Sarojini Naidu was very intelligent since childhood and at the age of 13, she composed a poem called Lady of the Lake. Sarojini Naidu studied at King’s College, London and later at Girton College, Oxford.
Today we are providing you 10 Lines on Sarojini Naidu in English, under which you do not need to search anywhere else for 10 Lines on Sarojini Naidu in English.
10 Lines on Sarojini Naidu in English
- Sarojini Naidu is known as a poet and independence fighter.
- Sarogeni Naidu was born on 13 February 1879 in Hyderabad.
- He took part in the non-cooperation movement with Gandhiji.
- Due to being a nationalist, he had to go to jail several times.
- Sarojini Naidu wrote a poem called “Lady of the Lake” at the age of 13.
- Sarojini Naidu was educated in Chennai, London and the University of Cambridge.
- His literary career started at the age of 12.
- He participated in the freedom struggle after the partition of Bengal in 1905.
- Sarojini Naidu died on 2 March 1949 due to a heart attack.
- The birthday of Sarojini Naidu is celebrated as National Women’s Day.
10 sentences on Sarogeni Naidu
- Sarojini Naidu has taken many important steps for women.
- Sarojini Naidu was in a love marriage with Govindaraju.
- Gandhiji was pleased and impressed with the work of Sarojini Naidu and gave her the title of Kokila.
- Sarojini Naidu considered Gandhiji, Gopalkrishna Gokhale and Rabindranath Tagore as her role models.
- Sarojini Naidu had a strong hold on five languages.
- Sarojini Naidu’s mother, Varada Sundari, was also known as a successful poet.
- He completed his primary education at the age of 12 itself. After that he went to England for higher studies.
- Sarojini Naidu’s father Aghore Nath Chattopadhyay was a social reformer and scientist.
- In 1925, Sarojini Naidu was elected as the President of the Congress.
- Sarojini was the eldest among eight brothers and sisters. Out of which one brother Haridranath was a poet, storyteller and artist. One of his brothers Virendranath is known as a revolutionary.
10 Lines Essay on Sarojini Naidu in English
Sarojini Naidu, born on February 13, 1879, in Hyderabad, India, was a prominent Indian freedom fighter and poet.
She was affectionately known as the “Nightingale of India” due to her remarkable poetic talents and her melodious voice.
Naidu actively participated in the Indian freedom struggle, advocating for women’s rights and India’s independence from British colonial rule.
She played a crucial role in the Non-Cooperation Movement and the Civil Disobedience Movement led by Mahatma Gandhi.
Sarojini Naidu was the first woman to become the President of the Indian National Congress in 1925.
Her poetry was deeply rooted in Indian culture and reflected themes of patriotism, love, and social issues.
She was a staunch advocate for the empowerment of women and was involved in several women’s rights movements.
Naidu’s literary contributions include notable works like “In the Bazaars of Hyderabad” and “The Golden Threshold.”
Her legacy continues to inspire generations of Indians, particularly women, to strive for their rights and contribute to the nation’s progress.
Sarojini Naidu passed away on March 2, 1949, leaving behind a rich legacy as a freedom fighter, poet, and champion of women’s rights in India.
If you liked the 10 Lines on Sarojini Naidu in English or 10-sentence English essay on Sarojini Naidu, then you can share Sarojini Naidu par 10 line essay with your other friends through Facebook and WhatsApp and if you want a short essay on any particular topic, then you can comment. Can tellShare With Your Friends